- C. Kluft remains Chairman until 2012.
- J. Wojta becomes cahirman after the Brighton 2012 congress. J. Meijers remains as Secretary-Treasurer until 2014.
- Class 2012 (L. Bajzar, P. Declerck, V. Ellis, J. Wojta) retires after the Brighton congress.
- Class 2014: 3 council members remain after the unfortunate death of M. Nesheim.
- Nominations for Class 2018 are solicited: to be submitted to the Executive Director before end of March 2012; election by mail.
- 5 new regular memberships (S. Le Breton, P. Meijer, J. Skov, J. Orbe, N. Vande Casteele)) and 2 junior membership (B. Bannish, B. Grismayer) applications were accepted by the Council and will be proposed to the General Assembly.
- 91 full memberships were paid in 2010.
- 22 junior memberships are registered.
- 9 complimentary memberships are prolonged for another year. They will be contacted for confirmation of interest.
- A membership directory has been will be e-mailed to all members.
- The income statement and balance 2010 and the proposed budget for 2011 were approved by the Council and will be presented to the General Assembly for approval.
- The membership fee for 2012 will be kept at 60 € or 100 € for 2012-2013.
- Corporate sponsoring for 2010 was only 2,426 €.
- One travel grant (1,500 €) was awarded (to M. Sashindranath) to go from Melbourne (R. Medcalf) to Michigan (D. Lawrence).
- The Council decided to continue the D. Collen Young Investigator Awards (1 x 5,000 $ and 4 x 1,000 $) at the next ISFP Congress in Brighton in 2012.
- The Council also decided to continue the ISFP Prize in 2012 (10,000 $), sponsored by ISFP.
- The impact factor of JTH has dropped from 6.29 to 5.48. The acceptance rate for the Fibrinolysis section is 40%, as compared to 29% overall.
- As Associated Editor section Fibrinolysis, R. Medcalf suggests that ISFP members make suggestions for review topics and write commentaries on fibrinolysis-related papers.
- The term of R. Medcalf as Associate Editor will end when the newly elected editors-in-chief (F. Rosendaal, P. Reitsma) will be in office. Candidates (6 year term) for Associate Editor, section Fibrinolysis, should contact the Executive Director.
- C. Longstaff extended an invitation to Brighton 2012.
- The organizing committee and scientific advisory board are established.
- The venue and PCO are selected.
- ISFP Fibrinolysis Ltd was founded to cover liability.
- Organization of a joint meeting with IFRS is planned.
- At the Brighton congress, a named plenary lecture will be dedicated to our late colleagues B. Binder and M. Nesheim.
- Candidates to organize the 2014 ISFP congress are solicited.
- Nominations for the 2012 ISFP Prize can be submitted to the Executive Director until October 1, 2011 (www.fibrinolysis.org). The Council proposes H. Pannekoek as Chairman of the jury (if he accepts), and J. Meijers as Council representative.
- The Executive Director will explore the possibility to have a new – more dynamic – website developed.