- C. Kluft becomes Chairman after the Amsterdam 2010 meeting.
- A new Chairman-elect (J. Wojta) and Secretary-Treasurer (J. Meijers) were elected at the Council meeting and approved by the General Assembly.
- Council Class 2016 (M. Geiger, D. Lawrence, L. Miles, T. Urano) was accepted by the General Assembly, as proposed by the Council.
- M. De Maat was appointed as new liaison officer with the International Fibrinogen Research Society.
- A. Gils appointed as new chairperson of the SSC/ISTH on Fibrinolysis, becomes ex-officio member of the Council.
- 7 new regular and 2 junior members were accepted by the General Assembly.
- 110 full memberships were paid in 2010.
- 27 junior memberships are registered.
- 9 complimentary memberships are prolonged for another year.
- New honorary members: D. Loskutoff and B. Wiman were accepted, on proposal of the Council.
- A new membership directory will be E-mailed to all members.
- The income statement and balance 2009 and the proposed budget for 2010 were accepted by the General Assembly.
- The membership fee for 2011 will be kept at 60 €.
- One travel grant (1,500 €) was awarded in 2010 so far.
- The Council has decided to continue the ISFP Prize (10,000 $) and the D. Collen Young Investigator Awards (1 x 5,000 $, 4 x 1,000 $) at the ISFP congress in Brighton in 2012.
- The impact factor of JTH remains at 6.29. The acceptance rate for the Fibrinolysis section is 47%, as compared to 28% overall.
- As Associated Editor section Fibrinolysis, R. Medcalf, suggests that ISFP members make suggestions for review topics and write commentaries on fibrinolysis-related papers.
- Publication of ISFP congress abstracts on a CD-Rom available to all JTH subscribers was found to be very expensive. R. Medcalf will contact P. Reitsma to discuss a modification of the existing “Memorandum of Understanding” on the subject.
- R. Medcalf also reminded that ISFP is allowed 1.5 pages for free in each JTH issue (Congress announcements, …).
- C. Kluft reported that 281 colleagues were registered coming from 32 countries.
- 60 colleagues attended the joint day with IFRS.
- The organizing committee and scientific advisory board are established.
- The venue and PCO are selected.
- ISFP Fibrinolysis Ltd was founded to cover liability.
- Organization of a joint meeting with IFRS will again be considered.
- Candidates to organize the 2014 ISFP congress are solicited.
- The suggestion was made to have, during ISFP congresses, a party for junior members/young investigators, in order to foster their involvement in the Society.
- The maintenance of the website has to be organized differently, as the IT department at KU Leuven will no longer do this. The Executive Director will try to find an alternative.