- Chairman: the mandate of B. Binder ended at the Vienna congress: R. Medcalf becomes the new chairman.
- Chairman-elect: as proposed by the Council, the General Assembly approves the nomination of C. Kluft as chairman-elect (2010).
- Secretary-Treasurer: the General Assembly approves the prolongation of the mandate of O. Matsuo until 2010.
- The General Assembly accepts the retirement of Council Class 2008 (M. Colucci; C. Kluft; M. Mosesson; M. Schmitt) and expresses its appreciation for their contributions to ISFP.
- The General Assembly approves the election (by the general membership) of 4 Council members, Class 2014 (C. Kluft, re-elected; F. Lupu, M. Nesheim, V. Ploplis).
- Ex officio members:
- Chairman SSC on Fibrinolysis/ISTH: C. Longstaff
- Associate Editor JTH, section Fibrinolysis: R. Medcalf
- Liaison officer with IFRS: M. Mosesson
- Executive Director: H.R. Lijnen continues
- Advisory Board: M. Colucci and M. Schmitt join
- The General Assembly accepts, as proposed by the Council, 10 new full members and 8 new junior members, and agrees to prolong 10 complimentary memberships.
- The General Assembly unanimously accepts, as proposed by the Council, 4 new Honorary Members of ISFP (D. Collen; S. Coccheri; S. Thorsen; I. Juhan-Vague). This in accordance with Resolution #7 of the ISFP bylaws (www.fibrinolysis.org).
- A new membership directory will be sent by E-mail or regular mail to all members who paid their 2008 fee.
- The Profit and Loss Statement 2007 and the Budget 2008 were approved by the General Assembly, as proposed by the Council.
- The membership fee for 2009 will be kept at 60€. Members are entitled to a reduced registration fee at our congresses.
- Since corporate sponsoring is decreasing, the Council request from all members to inform the Executive Director if they have contacts with companies that may be interested in sponsoring the ISFP.
Organization of future congresses
- The General Assembly adopted the principle that ISFP congresses should be organized by an active member of the Society. Proposals to host the 2012 Congress can be made to the Executive Director until December 31, 2008 (one page letter of intention).
- Interested members may obtain more specific guidelines and instructions from the Executive Director. The decision on the 2012 venue will be taken at the Council meeting in Boston 2009, after formal presentation of the different proposals.
Congress progress reports
- A report on the present status of the Vienna 2008 congress was presented by J. Wojta. This will be available on the ISFP website later this year.
- C. Kluft, president of the XXth ISFP Congress to be held in Amsterdam, August 24-28, 2010, extended on invitation to all members.
- R. Medcalf, associate editor for the fibrinolysis section, reported that the impact factor of J. Thromb. Haemost is now at 5.9. The journal is doing very well, and ISFP members are encouraged to submit their work. Announcements relating to the ISFP will be published at regular intervals in the journal.
- A proposal from the Council to create “D. Collen Young Investigator Awards” to be given at ISFP congresses in honour of the contributions of D. Collen to our field of research and to the establishment of the ISFP, was unanimously accepted by the General Assembly. The criteria will be announced on the ISFP website and in the J. Thromb. Haemost. The system will be operational at the 2010 ISFP congress in Amsterdam.