Links are given to sites that give general information and to International Scientific Societies that pursue aims relevant for research in extracellular proteolysis.
- Expasy is a server dedicated to the analysis of protein sequences and structures as well as 2-D PAGE. Contains numerous links to other sites of interest.
- PubMed is the National Library of Medicine's search service that provides access to over 11 million citations in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE, and other related databases, with links to participating online journals.
- Cell and Molecular Biology Online
- OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in man).
- Uniprot (protein sequence and function).
- Medline plus medical encyclopedia.
- The Merck Manual of Medical Information.
- MEROPS, the protease database.
- Medscape is a site containing a lot of medical information and news.
- The On-line Medical Dictionary
- Official IUBMB peptidase nomenclature site.
- Depositories for Cell Culture and DNA probes: American Type Culture Collection, European Collection of Cell Cultures, German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures.
- BioMedNet: Mouse knockout and mutation database
- BioCompare: search for antibodies
- ISI Web of Knowledge : Journal Citation Reports
- The Cord Blood Center: Promotes the benefit of public cord blood banking
International Scientific Societies
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Obesity Association
- EORTC, European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer.
- ETRO, European Thrombosis Research Organization
- European Life Science Organization
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- International Atherosclerosis Society
- International Federation for Cell Biology
- International Fibrinogen Research Society
- International Proteolysis Society
- International Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- NAVBO, North American Vascular Biology Organisation
To make suggestions for other links relevant to the various aspects of extracellular proteolysis contact Roger Lijnen.